Billhighway is a growing financial technology company that brings energy and innovation to the heart of metro Detroit. We work in a fast-paced environment where opinions are respected and contributions rewarded. Everybody on our team is encouraged and expected to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another.
By applying and joining our team, here’s what you can expect:
- Supporting Teams- Each day, we work as teams and collaborate to bring great products and services to our clients.
- Outstanding Culture – An environment of jeans and T-shirts, company-wide, quarterly off sites and flex work options actually exist outside of your dreams.
- Killer Results – Breaking records and delivering results are daily requirements. Be able to work with and own projects you believe in.
- High Expectations – We move fast, and expectations continue to grow. Our successful team members excel in an environment of high expectations for themselves and fellow team members.
- Countless Opportunities – Our voices are heard and our work is seen. Going the extra mile around here doesn’t go unnoticed.
Our outstanding culture has earned us the “Crain’s Coolest Place to Work” award. We value efficiency, simplicity and working smart, all of which make us one of “Metro Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For”. Here’s your chance to be part of an award-winning team! Learn more about our culture at http://www.billhighway.co/about-us/playbook/
The Role: Solution Architect
The Solution Architect serves as the liaison between the growth, client relations, and client accounting teams defining customer requirements, and the development team building our products. Comprehensive experience with all facets of the software development lifecycle (requirements definition, system design, development, testing, implementation, deployment and support) is preferred as the role is intricately woven into each and every step. The individual must be an excellent communicator, tactful diplomat, problem solver, thinker and analyzer - with the ability to understand and respond to user needs in a rapidly changing business environment. She/he will need to "think big" and determine how new software applications and corresponding processes can be used to solve business challenges in a creative, scalable, and impactful way. In short, the Solution Architect’s success is built on asking the right questions, in the right way, at the right time.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Gather business requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure the system can be used easily, quickly and accurately and that all identified requirements have been met
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Develop the following documentation according to standard templates, using natural language
- Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document)
- Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs
- Acceptance criteria
- Review requirements documents with the business, elicit feedback, integrate feedback into requirements documents as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or similar fieldMinimum of 5-7 years of solution architecture experience with accounting systems including implementation experience with a complete implementation life cycle
- Must have in-depth knowledge of accounting, technology and payment processing industry
- Working knowledge of SQL, C#, .NET framework, and software development experience is a definite plus
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding financial statements and reports is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with both technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of an organization
- Product and technology savvy. Keeps knowledge up to date with developments in the industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented mindset
- Attacks challenges, solves problems
- Must be able to handle aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to think creatively under constrained deadlines
- Deep sense of accountability and responsibility: will be empowered to act, and will be expected to do so
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Agile experience is a definite plus
- Working knowledge of data structures and database design
- Ability to travel
A flexible, entrepreneurial work environment and team atmosphere makes this a great place to work. To learn more about us, visit www.billhighway.co.