Billhighway is a growing financial technology company that brings energy and innovation to the heart of metro Detroit. We work in a fast-paced environment where opinions are respected and contributions rewarded. Everybody on our team is encouraged and expected to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another.
By applying and joining our team, here’s what you can expect:
- Supporting Teams- Each day, we work as teams and collaborate to bring great products and services to our clients.
- Outstanding Culture – An environment of jeans and T-shirts, company-wide, quarterly off sites and flex work options actually exist outside of your dreams.
- Killer Results – Breaking records and delivering results are daily requirements. Be able to work with and own projects you believe in.
- High Expectations – We move fast, and expectations continue to grow. Our successful team members excel in an environment of high expectations for themselves and fellow team members.
- Countless Opportunities – Our voices are heard and our work is seen. Going the extra mile around here doesn’t go unnoticed.
Our outstanding culture has earned us the “Crain’s Coolest Place to Work” award. We value efficiency, simplicity and working smart, all of which make us one of “Metro Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For”. Here’s your chance to be part of an award-winning team! Learn more about our culture at http://www.billhighway.co/about-us/playbook/
The Role: Finance and Accounting Intern
As a Finance and Accounting Intern at Billhighway, you will work as part of a team supporting corporate finance and accounting activities. You will be tasked with real-world business challenges that will allow you to develop your skills and build your resume. This role is based in Troy, MI.
- General Ledger updates
- Track accounts receivable invoices
- Assist with bank reconciliations
- Assist with the month-end processes
- Electronic filing
- Assist in developing monthly reports for analysis of forecast variances, trends and other metrics
- Improving forecasting models through the analysis of key business trends
- Other team projects as identified
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree –in Finance, Accounting or related field (Junior or Senior level status preferred)
- Related practical experience or prior internship(s) a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to own projects, work individually and collaborate with a team
- Deep sense of accountability & responsibility: will be empowered to act, and will be expected to do so
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Intacct or common GL packages
For this position, Billhighway is seeking aggressive, self-confident, self-motivated individuals with a proven track record of success. A strong people focus, and the ability to relate well to people at all organizational levels internally are a must.
A flexible, entrepreneurial work environment and team atmosphere makes this a great place to work. To learn more about us or to apply for the position, visit http://www.billhighway.co/about-us/careers/.