- McLean, VA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
a Billhighway Company
Smarter, Simpler Membership Management: Impexium’s 100% web-based AMS supports the full range of association business and administrative activities. We combine enterprise-level functionality with the benefits of a software-as-a-service model to deliver a mobile-first, fully responsive, analytics driven platform to associations of all sizes. Change your mind about what is possible.
The Role: Report Developer
The Report Developer is responsible for clarifying requirements, building, and maintaining business information reports, primarily using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Reporting Services. Detailed responsibilities include creating stored procedures, complex joins, and manipulating data within SSRS for client-specific reporting requirements. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as the role works very closely with our software development, project management, and client experience teams as well as clients directly. This role is based in Mclean, VA.
What you will do:
- As part of our Reporting COE (Center of Excellence) team, you will collaborate across business units on reporting, data warehouse, and business analytics.
- SSRS Reports Development including requirements collection and translation.
- SQL coding for creation of Stored Procedures from scratch, views, functions, etc. as well as modifications and improvements to existing SPs.
- Create stored procedures, complex joins, and manipulating data within SSRS for client-specific reporting requirements. Works directly with project implementations, support and client success teams.
- Query creation providing ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Entity relationship (ER) diagram creation displaying joins based on primary keys.
- Create dashboards and interactive visual reports.
- Research discrepancies between report output and end user expectations.
- Assist in supporting and maintaining data repositories.
What you will need:
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong analytical thought process and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and internal ticketing solution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Flexible and open minded to work in a very dynamic environment, supporting multiple projects and collaborating across business units
- Experience developing reports in Microsoft Visual Studio required.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer (Ideally SQL Server 2016)
- General understanding of object oriented software architecture, design, and implementation.
- General understanding of programming techniques and practices.
- Comfortable asking questions and seeing assistance with SQL coding or data location if solution is unclear.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and innovative thinking skills.
What will set you apart:
- Experience with Python
- Associations and nonprofit involvement
- Project Management Experience
For this position, Impexium is seeking assertive, self-confident, self-motivated individuals with a proven track record of success. A strong people focus, and the ability to relate well to people at all organizational levels internally are a must.
A flexible, entrepreneurial work environment and team atmosphere makes this a great place to work. To learn more about us, visit www.impexium.com.